" Do you know what makes prisons disappear? Every deep genuine affection. Being friends, being brothers, loving, that is what opens the prison, with supreme power, by some magic force. Without these one stays dead. But whenever affection is revived, there life revives."

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Just something I wrote

I know who I used to be
I remember what I used to be
I know who and what I want to be
What I don`t know is who and what I am now
Caught in this netherworld of loneliness, chaos,
dram, misery and so much suffering and neglect.
I know I exist, but for what?
What is my purpose here?
Why am I even still alive?
I know what I want to do
I have desires for so many things,
yet, it all seems a dream
A nightmare called existance, living
what I don`t have is hope
without that I have nothing really
Nothing that is that I can grasp a hold of
and use to change whatever I am now
I merely exist, living at the whim of those who
really don`t care if I`m alive or dead
Alive they feed me, cloth me, issuing orders
to do this, do that, move, don`t move, speak, don`t talk
dead, they forget I ever existed.
Once the paperwork is done
then move on to another
One who fills the spot I used to fill
One who never knew who or what I was
One who, like the keepers, doesn`t care
because he doesn`t know who or what he is
like me and others before
He exists in this netherworld of no hope
like me and others before
He remembers who he was, what he was
what he desires
but right now
not who he is
He exists only.

H. Lee, Feb.28 - 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment